Kapolei Golf Course
Former sugar plantation has sweet tees
Kapolei's tricky greens, thick roughs and water hazards – designed by Ted Robinson to add both beauty and difficulty – make Kapolei Golf Course a sweet spot to play 18 holes. And no wonder: Kapolei's undulated fairways are built on a former sugar plantation.
What We Love:
- The expansive practice area includes a driving range, putting green, chipping area and a sand bunker to practice your sand game
- The restaurant's floor-to-ceiling windows offer a panoramic view of the golf course
- The elevated greens, floral gardens and coconut palms
ABOUT KAPOLEI GOLF COURSE
The Ted Robinson-designed golf course opened in 1995 on 190 acres of a former sugar cane plantation. It has 80 bunkers, five lakes providing tactical challenges, and greens and tees made of Sea Shore Paspalum. With its rolling hills, multiple lakes and elevated greens, it is no wonder, Kapolei has hosted the LPGA and is the current host site of the Champion's Tour Pacific Links Hawaii Championship.
On No. 18 players at Kapolei should aim the tee shot down the right center of the fairway to avoid the pot bunkers guarding the left side. A well-placed tee shot sets up a difficult second to an elevated green over a lake. A waterfall on the left side will definitely come into play depending on pin location.
KAPOLEI GOLF COURSE + BEYOND
Kapolei Golf Club is in a prime position on Oahu. Players can expect great course conditions, a welcoming staff, and plenty of sunshine when they come to play.
“ If you are visiting between November and February, don’t miss Waimea Bay on the North Shore where the island’s top surfers take on 30-foot waves ”
IN SHORT / WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
- Your 2 or 3 iron may come in handy to help combat the strong winds
- Kapolei's carts offer the ParView GPS System, which display green overviews, distance to the pin, electronic scoring and weather warnings.
Address : 91-701 Farrington Hwy., Kapolei, Hawaii 96707
Phone: (808) 674-2227
Web Address : www.kapoleigolf.com
Distance/Drive Time from THE MODERN HONOLULU : 23 miles – a 35-minute drive from THE MODERN HONOLULU
Brief directions from THE MODERN HONOLULU : Take I-H-1 W for 22 miles to Makakilo. Take exit 2. Drive to Farrington Highway. Make a left onto Makakilo Drive. Turn left onto Farrington Highway.