Snorkel + Scuba Diving Honolulu
DISCOVER THE WONDERS OF OAHU DIVING
Sure, you can hang near the water’s surface, gazing at reefs and the rainbow of fish. THE MODERN HONOLULU Concierge will point you to the best snorkeling in Waikiki if that’s your thing. If you dare to take a deeper look at reefs and even wrecks, we’ll tell you where to find the best dives in Oahu. Just share what you’re looking for underwater, and we’ll connect you with the right outfitter.
For a Waikiki snorkeling or SCUBA experience that’s utterly accommodating, consider Hawaii Nautical. Snorkeling excursions include breakfast, hot lunch and unlimited drinks (including two adult beverages). Inflatable life jackets are provided and required; snorkel gear is provided if you choose not to use your own. At all times, you’ll have a member of the crew in the water with you, plus crew monitoring from the boat. For SCUBA, just bring a towel. Dive experiences are offered at every skill level and can include reefs, wrecks or drift dives. Guided dives are led by PADI dive masters and limited to six people.
AARON’S DIVE SHOP
A range of introductory dives evidences Aaron’s philosophy: “No experience? No problem.” Certified dives and private charters are also available. The bonus here is in the service – from hotel pick-up by request to crew members who will gladly take photos or video for you. All dive equipment, light snacks and water are provided, and the shop itself carries everything from professional-grade snorkel gear to rash guards, wet suits and cameras.
AQUA ZONE SCUBA SHOP
We love this giant catamaran run by Captain Randy and his crew. Thirty years in business makes a trip out with them feel like you’re among old friends – the training is personal and the crew goes out of its way to point out hard-to-spot species. The Mid-Morning Sea Turtle SCUBA Adventure is a perfect dive trip for beginners (usually marked by tropical fish, octopus, moray eels, stingrays and various turtle habitats), but several snorkel and dive packages are available.
- Address: 1125 Ala Moana Blvd., Honolulu, HI 96814
- Phone: 808.234.7245
- Web Address: www.hawaiinautical.com
- Distance/Drive: Several locations in Waikiki, Hilton Hawaiian Village and West Oahu.
- Brief directions from THE MODERN HONOLULU: Head NE on Hebron making a left on Ala Moana Blvd. Make a u-turn at Ward Ave. It's on the right.
AARON’S DIVE SHOP
- Address: 307 Hahani St., Kailua, HI 96734
- Phone: 808.262.2333
- Web Address: aaronsdiveshop.com
- Distance/Drive: 14 miles – less than a half-hour drive from THE MODERN HONOLULU.
- Brief directions from THE MODERN HONOLULU: Take H-1W to exit 21B. Follow signs for Pali Hwy, continue to Kailua Rd and turn right on Hahani St.
AQUA Zone Scuba Diving
- Address: 2552 Kalakaua Ave, Honolulu, HI 96815
- Phone: 808.923.3483
- Web Address: aquazonescuba.com
- Distance/Drive: 1.5 miles – a 4-minute drive from THE MODERN HONOLULU.
- Brief directions from THE MODERN HONOLULU: Head NE on Hebron making a right on Ala Moana Blvd. Turn right onto Kalakaua Ave. Turn left onto Paoakalani Ave. It's on the left.