October 17, 2017
“Changing of the Tides by Zak Noyle” photography contest.
THE MODERN HONOLULU has partnered with famed photographer Zak Noyle and will host an awards ceremony for an exciting photography contest March 29, 2018.
THE MODERN HONOLULU has partnered with famed surf photographer Zak Noyle and will host an awards ceremony for his exciting photography contest March 29, 2018.
Changing of the Tides by Zak Noyle was created with the hope of giving the next generation of surf photographers the support, help, opportunity and platform to rise and showcase their talents on the world stage, with the goal of making photography their career.
Event is Free to participants!
- Hawaii resident only (ID required when registering)
- Participants must submit a total of 10 images total with a required 1 per category minimum.
1) Water Action- Any wave riding shot in the water.
2) Land Action- Any wave action shot from land.
3) Lifestyle- Capture the spirit of surf, in a non-posed image
4) Portrait- A portrait shot capturing a human, posed
5) Empty Wave- From land or from sea, capture the power and beauty of the ocean with no wave riders
6) New Creativity- Get creative, thinking outside the box with exposures, lights, angles or surfers. this is to show your creativity in a unique and different way.
- Must be shot between March 7th, 2017- February 28th, 2018
- Must be shot in Hawaii, anywhere throughout Hawaii during the contest period
- Must shoot in RAW or DNG files with Metadata-submitting RAW +Edited JPEG for judging for 6 finalist.
Each prize was carefully handpicked and selected to give each winner an experience and platform that helps to elevate their career and showcase their skills on a worldwide stage by receiving global recognition and an introduction to international branding.
- Win an all-expenses paid trip with Zak Noyle and the RVCA surf team to somewhere in world for the next RVCA team trip. Get a taste of what being a surf photographer is like by traveling with the world's best surfers to the most exotic locations in search of the perfect wave.
- Portfolio Interview highlighting winners work on Surfline.
- Signature tee with T&C surf, to be sold in their stores to include Point of Sales highlights about the photographer and their accomplishment of winning Changing of The Tides.
- Portfolio in Free Surf Magazine highlighting their winning submission.
- Winner receives a contract for one year with A Frame Photo to work with and have them sell their images with their standard payments throughout the world.
- Winner receives a 1-year contract to be a part of Da Fin's world team and will receive the latest fins throughout the year.
- Winner gets a 1-year contract with SunBum to become an ambassador for the brand and will receive a year's supply of product.
- Complimentary two-night stay to the winner in an ocean view room at THE MODERN HONOLULU.
- Runner up prize of dinner for two at Ravish restaurant at The Modern Honolulu Value $150) as well as a Daybed experience at THE MODERN HONOLULU.
- Brent Bielmann
- Jeff Hall
- Keoki Seguibo
- Brian Bielmann
- John Hook
- Zak Noyle
Qualifying entries will be judged on originality, technical excellence, composition, artistic merit, depth and variety within each category. At least one image must be submitted per category, with a total of 10 images submitted. We will be looking for the most well rounded and professional quality photographer with skills throughout each category. We will be looking for someone has future potential in all aspects to move forward into a promising career as a surf photographer.
20% Partner Brands
70% Judges Panel
10% Online (public) voting
* Judging will be a "blind" process; photographer's names will only be disclosed to judges after the judging process has been completed.
* All judging decisions are final. Please do not contact us about the status of entries or judging.
* Zak Noyle will notify the winner(s) via the contact information provided at the time of entry.
More Information: www.zaknoyle.com