A MODERN Approach to Smart Sustainability
At THE MODERN HONOLULU, we're more than environmentally conscious, we're environmentally driven.
Sustainability is woven through our hotel, it's a way of life.
Design and Development
- Our hotel features open spaces with natural light throughout, including guest rooms and public areas.
- Paperless check-in and check-out systems reduce paper waste.
- Eco-friendly cleaning products are used by our housekeeping and maintenance teams.
- LED lighting is used throughout the hotel.
- The Sustainables, our green team, includes managers, directors, and front-line staff throughout the hotel who have a passion for creating a more sustainable hotel and meeting experience.
- SMART Room Technology activates a guest room air conditioner only after the guest checks in and automatically turns off when balcony doors are open.
- A decentralized cooling system allows air conditioning to be limited to meeting rooms in use.
- Single sort recycling is available in all guest rooms.
- Our farm-to-table food and beverage practices focus on local, organic and seasonal produce and meats.
- All cooking oil is recycled.
- Excess food waste is donated to a local pig farm.
- All plastic beverage straws have been eliminated and paper straws are available upon request.
- LATHER Spa products feature pure essential oils, vitamins and antioxidants and never use synthetic fragrances, colors, parabens or sulfate cleansing agents.
- LATHER shopping bags are composed of 100% post-consumer recycled materials.
- LATHER maintains a commitment to cruelty-free beauty and does not test products on animals or work with labs that do.